[wg-all] Final call for session proposals for OGF 42 at CAC 2014 London Sep. 8-12, 2014 - REGISTER NOW for early rates before Aug. 1

Sill, Alan alan.sill at ttu.edu
Fri Jul 25 10:20:00 EDT 2014

OGF Folks,

Short summary of this message:

- Final Call for Session Requests for OGF 42 in London
- Registration rates go up Aug. 1 for the CAC conference including OGF 42 - register now for best rates!
- Details on the schedule so that you can plan your travel arrangements

Details:

The registration deadline for early rates of Aug. 1 for the CAC 2014 conference is fast approaching. At this time we have session requests from OCCI, DRMAA (both individually and together), JSDL, BES, GLUE2 and several of the Security groups (FedSec, IDEL, CAOPS etc.) thought he exact session dates for the later are not completely determined. We also have BoF suggestions for sessions on "Use of Container Technology in Grids and Clouds" and for a repeat of our BoF on Identity Management Technologies from OGF 41, as well as some possible others still being finalized. If there is interest for other sessions, now is the time to get the corresponding requests in. We will also have a demonstration and tutorial from the DFDL group, which will be an extended session that we hope a large number of people will attend. (Don't forget that the NSI-WG and other related OGF networking groups will be meeting at the NorduNet conference later in the month instead of at OGF-42 this time.)

In terms of schedule, our plans at present are to concentrate OGF meetings Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of the week with optional single sessions Monday and Friday, and use parallel sessions during the middle of the week as needed to get all of the group meetings done. We will also have an OGF Town Hall and OGF plenary meeting, including a report of the Nominating Committee and other open-mike sessions as needed, most likely Wednesday. The Cloud-related portions of the meeting will be clustered early in the week to allow those who may need to go to Brussels for the CloudWATCH concertation Thursday; and consequently the JSDL, BES, GLUE and other sessions will be scheduled Wednesday and Thursday. We hope to extend meeting room space to Friday despite the workshop that day to allow the Security Area group meetings to be held in the latter part of the week as some who would like to attend those meetings will be tied up earlier in the week at another meeting in Poland.

Overall it looks like a full week packed with meetings or activities at the co-located conferences, with the sessions grouped as closely as possible by themes to allow those who want to attend on one-, two- or three-day passes to get the most our of their registration. Don't forget that a full-week registration at CAC 2014 will cover attendance at all OGF and CAC sessions, including the workshops Monday and Friday on cloud security and on autonomic management of grids and clouds, respectively.

Links to the co-located conferences and to the Call for Session Requests (including BoFs, special group meetings, requests for new or special groups, etc.) are on the OGF web site at https://www.ogf.org/ogf/doku.php/events/ogf-42 .  Please submit any remaining session requests as soon as possible so that we can finalize the schedule.  Also please note that the registration site is open for the event at the link below. Early rates expire Aug. 1 and the cost goes up substantially at that point, so please take advantage of the information provided above and register as soon as possible.

    https://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1569519

Further information and a table of rates is at http://cac2014.cis.fiu.edu/registration.shtm . Hopefully the above information will allow you to choose among full-week or 1-, 2- or 3-day pass rates as needed. Please note that the IEEE rate applies to OGF members also.

If you have any questions about your membership status, please let us know. Further details on membership are at https://www.ogf.org/ogf/doku.php/members/ .  There are two categories: organizational members and individual memberships. Individual memberships may be earned by attending a minimum of two OGF events per year, or by paying an annual membership fee of $200. Individual memberships are not required to attend or to participate in OGF meetings, but qualify the member for reduced rates at OGF all-hands stand-alone meetings and carry other membership benefits. If you have any questions and think you qualify as an OGF member but are not sure, please register at the OGF rate and we can clear up your membership status in person at the event itself.

Hope to see you in London, and please get the above taken care of as soon as possible!

Open Grid Forum

Open Forum   |   Open Standards

http://www.ogf.org