[UR-WG] OGF-30

Andrea Cristofori andrea.cristofori at cnaf.infn.it
Fri Sep 24 08:21:40 CDT 2010

Hi Henrik,

> Ok, I hope to attend this, but isn't quite sure yet.
>
> Is there an agenda? What will be discussed of UR2, AUR, and storage
> accounting record?

I've added those points in the agenda:

- Requests from the users
- UR for Storage Accounting discussion
- AUR discussion
- AOB

It is not really fixed so we can talk more of one aspect or the other or
add something if necessary. I only added the points that, I think, we
should necessarily discuss at least to have an idea in which way we
should proceed.

>> In the meanwhile we could try to collect some request from the users and
>> try to put all the informations together.
>>
> I have a list of extensions from the SGAS project (I'm the accounting guy
> at NDGF, and the main SGAS developer) to the usage record standard which I
> will post to this list.

I think that this will be very useful in the discussion. As I was in
fact suggesting we should try to gather requests from different groups.
I think that the standard, to be effective, should incorporate, as far
as possible, as many features that are already used or desirable.

> I also have a use case for aggregation (how it is done in SGAS), and some
> (very) prelimary ideas of what should be recorded in a storage accounting
> record, which NDGF is starting to look into. Regarding storage accounting,
> there is an initiative in EMI for creating a record specification at the
> end of this year (most of you are probably aware of this). Their web is
> at: https://twiki.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/EMI/StorageAccounting

I see from the agenda that for the first of october EMI plans a phone
conference to discuss "Storage Accounting". I'll try to be present to
hear what are the plans, idea, etc.

Andrea