[UR-WG] Initial draft of exp. doc with 'experiences presentation' included

Jules Wolfrat wolfrat at sara.nl
Tue May 19 09:45:03 CDT 2009

Dear Steve, all,

Sorry for not answering before. I'm a little bit surprised that the DEISA accounting facilities are not mentioned in the document as far as I can see. Already more than a year ago we provided feedback from our project, see
https://forge.ogf.org/sf/discussion/do/listTopics/projects.ur-wg/discussion.usage_record_v1_0_experiences
But I never did see any follow up of this before the current document was distributed, but I may have missed it. I realize that we are not very actively attending the OGF sessions (just too many overlapping meetings), but we certainly are willing to contribute to these activities (recently we discussed with NDGF about joint further developments too).

Unfortunately we don't have an up-to-date document describing our current architecture, the most general description can be found in this document:
http://www.ges2007.de/fileadmin/papers/jreetz/GES_paper105.pdf

The most important changes are that we don't base the usage retrieval anymore on WSRF based services and that we have a GUI based client DART (http://www.deisa.eu/usersupport/user-documentation/deisa-accounting-report-tool ).

I hope that this helps a little.

Cheers,

Jules

Jules Wolfrat
SARA Computing and Networking Services          Phone : +31 20 5923028
HPCV department                                 Fax   : +31 20 6683167
Science Park 121, 1098 XG Amsterdam             E-Mail: wolfrat at sara.nl
P.O. BOX 94613, 1090 GP Amsterdam               http://www.sara.nl/
The Netherlands