[UR-WG] Initial draft of exp. doc with 'experiences presentation' included

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Tue May 19 10:27:08 CDT 2009

Jules Wolfrat wrote:
> Sorry for not answering before. I'm a little bit surprised that the
> DEISA accounting facilities are not mentioned in the document as far
> as I can see. Already more than a year ago we provided feedback from
> our project, see
> https://forge.ogf.org/sf/discussion/do/listTopics/projects.ur-wg/discussion.usage_record_v1_0_experiences
>
> But I never did see any follow up of this before the current
> document was distributed, but I may have missed it. I realize that we
> are not very actively attending the OGF sessions (just too many
> overlapping meetings), but we certainly are willing to contribute to
> these activities (recently we discussed with NDGF about joint further
> developments too).
>
> Unfortunately we don't have an up-to-date document describing our
> current architecture, the most general description can be found in
> this document:
> http://www.ges2007.de/fileadmin/papers/jreetz/GES_paper105.pdf
>
> The most important changes are that we don't base the usage retrieval
> anymore on WSRF based services and that we have a GUI based client
> DART
> (http://www.deisa.eu/usersupport/user-documentation/deisa-accounting-report-tool
> ).
>
> I hope that this helps a little.

Jules, you're absolutely right to bring this up. Fixing things like this
is exactly why initial drafts are important, but it is also why they are
merely *initial*. The important thing is that we work together to make
sure that the final version is complete.

(And I'm very sorry for being slow to follow up on things: I've been
snowed under with work. Not that anyone here should let me get away with
such a poor excuse...)

Donal.