[ur-wg] GGF18 Activities

Rosario Michael Piro piro at to.infn.it
Tue Aug 29 03:17:13 CDT 2006

Hi Laura, hi everybody.

Laura F McGinnis wrote:
> GGF18 in Washington, DC is only 2 weeks away. I hope you are planning to
> come. We have a lot on the schedule, and I'm hoping to make good progress on
> our documents.

This time I'll be able to attend the meeting.

> The second session we're scheduled to host is planned to be a joint session
> with other resource-related working and research groups. I will extend
> invitations to these groups shortly, so please let me know which ones you
> feel should be included. The list I have so far is:
> 	OGSA Resource Selection Services (OGSA-RSS-WG)
> 	OGSA Resource Usage Service (RUS-WG)
> 	Production Grid Services (PGS-RG)
> 	Standards development organizations Collaboration on networked
> Resources Management Working Group (SCRM-WG)

I think we should at least have a joint meeting with the RUS-WG, since
the RUS directly depends on the UR. But extending the meeting also to
other WGs interested in the resource tracking would be a good thing.

Cheers,

Rosario.

PS: I attached our original comments to the UR spec. draft, since there
are currently problems with getting them from the public comments
webpage or the mail archive.

--
    Rosario Piro (piro at to.infn.it)