[tc-rg] Trusted Computing Use Case Document

Andrew Martin Andrew.Martin at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jun 27 10:32:20 CDT 2005

Dear all,

Thinking about the Trusted Computing use case document, I have come up
with five headings under which to arrange use cases:

* securing the issue of credentials
    CA ops etc..

* helping users to secure their credentials
    long term
    short term (proxies etc..)

* secure data storage
    data grid applications??

* attested remote execution
    grid compute jobs/data centre processing
    public resource distributed computing

* infrastructure management
    distributed firewalls, trusted gateways, etc..

Have I missed any big areas?  Do these overlap too much?

Can you (especially those who promised at the BOF in Seoul!) contribute
use cases under these headings (or otherwise)?  Please come along on
Wednesday and enter the discussion (or send me an email if you can't
make it).

Best regards

Andrew