[sn-cg] where to fit into OGF standards

Yoder, Alan agy at netapp.com
Wed Mar 21 16:21:03 CST 2007

The stuff we're trying to put together now doesn't
have anything to do with anything that OGF has
done, to my knowledge.  Take a look at the attached
doc and see if you know about something that I don't.

I'd like to steer away from ByteIO, personally.  We
should work on leveraging the ability of storage
systems to do direct transfers.  To that end, a
rework of GridFTP in ANSI C would be very useful.
The present implementation in Globus requires one
to install most of the known universe before using it.

Alan