[security-area] Trusted Computing: Proposed Research Group

Andrew Martin Andrew.Martin at comlab.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 22 03:47:44 CST 2005

Following the distribution of a draft charter a couple of weeks ago, we
held a BOF at GGF13 last week on this proposed new research group.
Notes of the meeting, with copies of the presentations, and a draft
charter are at the group's temporary web site:

     http://www.softeng.ox.ac.uk/Andrew.Martin/TC/index.html

There appeared to be a fair amount of support, and general interest in
at least some of the items in the draft charter.  We remain uncertain
about whether to include the production of a roadmap document as part of
the initial charter or not.

Discussion of the charter and the research group's formation is now
welcome.  Please use this mailing list: if the traffic becomes too high,
no doubt a separate list can be created.

Best regards

Andrew Martin
Wenbo Mao