[security-area] [Bounce from Hiro] RE: Update on OGSA Basic Profile Security work

Von Welch vwelch at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 23 08:26:51 CST 2005

------- start of forwarded message -------
From: "Hiro Kishimoto" <hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com>
To: "'Dane Skow'" <dane at fnal.gov>, <security-area at ggf.org>
Cc: "'Ian Foster'" <foster at mcs.anl.gov>,
	"'ogsa-wg'" <ogsa-wg at gridforum.org>
Subject: RE: Update on OGSA Basic Profile Security work
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:43:47 +0900

Thanks Dane for your obliging email,

Certainly OGSA-WG welcomes and requires security experts.
Proposed telecon date is March 30th. If it does not work for=20
you, April 6th is another option. Please let me know your=20
preference.

You can subscribe our mailing list;
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/sourceforge/document/majordomo_help/=
en/1/ma
jordomo_help.doc
http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/ogsa-wg/threads.html

Our Wednesday call is 5-7pm CST. The dial in number is 1-888-452-0308
or 1-484-644-0505 and the pass code is 71815.

You can download the latest basic profile draft from;
https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/draft-ggf-ogsa-basi=
c-profi
le/en/3

Now we have four open security related issues on this profile;
#1320: Transport and/or Message Level security
          MUST or SHOULD??
#1321: Discovery of key-info for encryption in message level security
          Service Group Profile/ EPR embedding
#1322: Use of Proxy Certificates
          Standard but not widely adopted outside of grid communit
          Time boxed certificates (short lived certs)
#1323: Communication of assertions
          Profiles for common assertions in headers or Proxy Certificate
#1324: Separate Security Basic Profile
          Should we have a separate profile document for security

Basic profile tracker is at;
https://forge.gridforum.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=3D42&atid=3D780

Thanks,
----
Hiro Kishimoto

Profile
> is now
> being worked intensely toward conclusion. The Working Group has set a
> goal of
> mid April for resolving all the open issues with the current draft. =
The

------- end of forwarded message -------