[scrm-wg] Cloud Standards/SCRM meeting Monday 3/1

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Fri Feb 26 21:48:38 CST 2010

Morning,

I'm of mixed minds about this and while I was initially well and truly with
Krishna ("*I do *not* think this group should anything with CCIF.*") there
may be ways we can handle this which do not involve disbanding the CCIF
altogether nor snuffing out the good work being done here.

As I discussed with Mark today, I think the best thing to do is to keep the
CCIF list separate from this group and use it as a "*broader discussion
group around open cloud standards*". We can either import the CCIF members
into this list and move to another or import the CCIF members into a new
list (like cloudstandards-discuss), but whatever we do we should move it to
a new home. Conversely, if we were to dump everyone in the same pot I think
we'll achieve nothing but the loss of this functional (if
toothless<http://stage.vambenepe.com/archives/1261>)
communication channel, which would be literally killing two birds with one
stone.

If we can't nut something sensible out then let's not take any chances -
inter-SDO communication channels are few and far between and we can always
buy eyeballs!

Sam

--
*Sam Johnston*