[scrm-wg] Cloud Standards/SCRM meeting Monday 3/1

Craig.A.Lee at aero.org Craig.A.Lee at aero.org
Fri Feb 26 17:43:18 CST 2010

All,

What a lively debate -- hopefully it will generate more light than heat ;->

What has always struck me about any standards process is that there
is a technical kernel of a problem wrapped in a maelstrom of social
and market processes.  I find myself trying to do what amounts to
social engineering in an effort to move the technical ball forward.
I'd be more than happy to discuss how we can move the technical ball
forward through whatever set of demos that address major stakeholder
requirements, and recruit all those that would like to participate
and sponsor.  Demos can be a forcing function that gets us past the
powerpoint engineering and perhaps facilitate an emergent dominant
practice.  We only need to decide where, when, how, etc.  (All
trivial decisions ;->)

--Craig