[scrm-wg] Reminder SCRM/Cloud Meeting Monday August 17th

Mark A. Carlson Mark.Carlson at Sun.COM
Sun Aug 16 22:19:24 CDT 2009

Reminder, we are meeting bi-weekly.

6 am PDT, 7am MDT, 9am EDT, 10 pm JST

Call info:

(866)5455227 code: 6300276#
International: (215) 446-3648

Agenda:

Cloud Wiki Updates?
SCRM Wiki Updates?

Discussion on Cloud landscape
  Reference the best terms out there?
  Leverage the different Cloud "block-i-tecture" diagrams out there?

Any feedback on template?

September 21, the Network Centric Operations Industry Consortium (NCOIC <https://www.ncoic.org/home>) - Bob Marcus

*Notes from last meeting:*

Attendees:

Mark Carlson

Winston Bumpus

Thijs Metch

Dan Romascanu

Jim Reavis

Sam Johnston

Craig Lee

Martin Kirk

Hiro Kishimoto

Dan reported on last week's IETF Meeting"

BOF on formation of protocol requirements for Virtual Worlds

Requirements and Scope on a transport independent application layer

Charter is being worked (version 2 out for comments)

No opposition on the mailing list to doing this work

Next step is an IETF leadership review and then a "last call" on

the charter - September is a target for formation and they should

meet in Hiroshima this November.

There are already proposals out there on OGPX:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levine-ogp-layering-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levine-ogp-clientcap-00.txt

The protocol may be called MAP (early discussions)

Events Site - we don't have very many cloud events up there.

The events should be listed in reverse chronological order

Please list events that have a standards talk at least and list

the actual talk if possible.

OGF 27 and SDC are upcoming events that need entries.

Martin talked about the new group formed in the Open Group

to focus on business requirements for the cloud. What potential

users actually want from both public and private clouds.

Chris Harding may also be involved going forward.

SCRM - wiki updates

CMDBf - Winston

CIM/SPL - Mark

We discussed moving the scrm-wiki to an organization neutral

site. Because of the need to convert to the media-wiki format

this would be a lot of work. Sam will look into whether we can

script the conversion. He will also look into hosting on Rackspace.

We discussed the landscape work. There is a positioning page put

up by Enrico. We want to discuss on the list the common terms

and come up with agreement on the definitions. We also want a

way to show all the standards work on one diagram that everyone

can agree to.

AI - each SDO please upload to a SDO-specific subpage their

terms and pictures that they are able to expose. Mark will lead

off and do this for SNIA for other folks to copy. See:

http://cloud-standards.org/wiki/index.php?title=SNIA_Terms_and_Diagrams

We discussed various government efforts in the cloud standards

space. Bob Marcus sent to the list a notice of another US government

conference coming up. Hiro will send to the list some information

on what the Japanese government is doing in this space.

Winston will work with Peter Mell (NIST) to create an entry

on the wiki for the existing NIST work.

We decide to have meetings on a bi-weekly basis, which makes it

easy for folks to set up calendar entries. Our next two meetings are

on the 17th and 31st of this month.