[scrm-wg] Notes from SCRM/Cloud Meeting Monday August 3rd

Mark A. Carlson Mark.Carlson at Sun.COM
Mon Aug 3 09:49:06 CDT 2009

Attendees:

Mark Carlson
Winston Bumpus
Thijs Metch
Dan Romascanu
Jim Reavis
Sam Johnston
Craig Lee
Martin Kirk
Hiro Kishimoto

Dan reported on last week's IETF Meeting"
BOF on formation of protocol requirements for Virtual Worlds
Requirements and Scope on a transport independent application layer
Charter is being worked (version 2 out for comments)
No opposition on the mailing list to doing this work
Next step is an IETF leadership review and then a "last call" on
the charter - September is a target for formation and they should
meet in Hiroshima this November.
There are already proposals out there on OGPX:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levine-ogp-layering-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levine-ogp-clientcap-00.txt
The protocol may be called MAP (early discussions)

Events Site - we don't have very many cloud events up there.
The events should be listed in reverse chronological order
Please list events that have a standards talk at least and list
the actual talk if possible.

OGF 27 and SDC are upcoming events that need entries.

Martin talked about the new group formed in the Open Group
to focus on business requirements for the cloud. What potential
users actually want from both public and private clouds.
Chris Harding may also be involved going forward.

SCRM - wiki updates
CMDBf - Winston
CIM/SPL - Mark

We discussed moving the scrm-wiki to an organization neutral
site. Because of the need to convert to the media-wiki format
this would be a lot of work. Sam will look into whether we can
script the conversion. He will also look into hosting on Rackspace.

We discussed the landscape work. There is a positioning page put
up by Enrico. We want to discuss on the list the common terms
and come up with agreement on the definitions. We also want a
way to show all the standards work on one diagram that everyone
can agree to.

AI - each SDO please upload to a SDO-specific subpage their
terms and pictures that they are able to expose. Mark will lead
off and do this for SNIA for other folks to copy. See:
http://cloud-standards.org/wiki/index.php?title=SNIA_Terms_and_Diagrams

We discussed various government efforts in the cloud standards
space. Bob Marcus sent to the list a notice of another US government
conference coming up. Hiro will send to the list some information
on what the Japanese government is doing in this space.
Winston will work with Peter Mell (NIST) to create an entry
on the wiki for the existing NIST work.

We decide to have meetings on a bi-weekly basis, which makes it
easy for folks to set up calendar entries. Our next two meetings are
on the 17th and 31st of this month.