[scrm-wg] Notes from SCRM/Cloud Meeting Monday August 17th

Mark A. Carlson Mark.Carlson at Sun.COM
Mon Aug 17 11:42:42 CDT 2009

Attendees:
Mark Carlson
Winston Bumpus
Thijs Metch
Sam Johnston
Martin Kirk

Geoff Caryer
Bob Marcus
Peter Mell

We briefly discussed the Events page. Looks like a good set of events.
We will
review this each meeting to see if there any we need to add.

We also have a couple of entries for SDOs' terms and diagrams sub-page
(SNIA and OGF).
We will continue to solicit more of these until we have a good list to
work from. Then we
will create a common terminology page and aggregate the terms. We will
also create a
landscape page with an upleveled abstraction of all the diagrams that
can show where each
group is creating a standard, leveraging that in the template we use.

Bob then detailed the upcoming event on September 21st. He is proposing
that we position
our coordinated standards efforts and have a few representatives at the
meeting to highlight
our work. Basically, the government wants to know what standards will be
created, where
the points of portability and interoperability are, and the timeline for
when they can start
requiring them in their store front efforts.

Sam created a Topics page where we can work out this positioning:
http://cloud-standards.org/wiki/index.php?title=Topics

We will continue the discussion on email and reflect work on the wiki
between now
and our next meeting in two weeks time.