[scrm-wg] SCRM Meeting Monday 3/27

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Mar 28 02:53:37 CST 2006

Hi Tom,

> Is there a need to update our current GGF pages
> regarding the liaison activity?

Good catch, I think so. See my comment below.

> Referring to the URI provided by Winston regarding
> our Press announcement:
>
>   http://www.ggf.org/News/GGF%20-%20SCRM%20Final.pdf
>
> it occurs to me that EGA is not mentioned in the list
> of SDOs.  Should they be?

I believe that EGA is an very good industry group but not
SDO.

> Note, too, these two GGF web sites, which reference
> each other:
>
>   http://www.ggf.org/ggf_abt_liaisons.htm
>   http://www.ggf.org/ggf_areas_liaison.htm

Since GGF liaison area covers all GGF liaisons, I think
GGF should have single web page instead of 2 separate pages.

Matthew and Jay: What do you think (as Liaison Area Directors)

> The first site says that "GGF has liaison activities
> with key standards organizations such as IETF, W3C,
> OASIS, and WS/I , SNIA, DMTF, EGA and others.

It is not correct. It should be something like:

"GGF has liaison activities with key standards organizations
and industry groups such as IETF, W3C, OASIS, and WS/I, SNIA,
DMTF, EGA and others."

 > Hiro
> is listed as the Liaison Rep for "Standards Development
> Organizations" -- defined as "a collaborative effort
> being coordinated by GGF across several standards
> organizations."

I guess it refers to SCRM before her birth. Now, SCRM is a
formal WG and should be removed form this table.

Also, each liaison should have his charter but at this moment only
IETF has a link to his liaison charter. I think DMTF, W3C,
and SNIA have their charters and should be linked from here.

Joel: Can you add them to this table?

Thanks,
----
Hiro Kishimoto