[SAGA-RG] Meeting Notes from OGF33

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Sep 22 02:57:58 CDT 2011

Hi all,

we had three very productive sessions at OGF33 - thanks for all
who contributed to the discussions!

Attached are the meeting notes, provided by Steve (thanks! :-)

I would like to add some notes from other OGF sessions, for those
who are interested.

DRMAA

  The DRMAA API version 2 is in public comment now.  We have been
  closely interacting with the DRMAA WG over the last year, to ensure
  that DRMAA and SAGA are well aligned in concepts and semantics.

  I would like to encourage people to have a look at the DRMAA API
  draft, and to provide public comments, at

    http://ogf.org/gf/docs/comment.php?id=377

GridRPC

  It seems that the GridRPC activities are slowly winding down, as
  one of the main contributing groups lost parts of its funding, and
  is changing focus.  The group will however finish its current efforts
  on its RPC data handle API.

PGI

  PGI is finally making progress, and works towards a set of specifications
  and profiles which will eventually extent/replace the current set of
  BES and JSDL specifications.

Feel free to ask questions on any other groups you are interested in.
Please note that the next OGF event is planned for March 12-14, 2012
in Oxford, UK.  OGF35 will likely be co-located with HPDC-21, on
June 18-22, 2012 in Delft, Netherlands.

Nothing is ever easy...