[SAGA-RG] adapter should mkdir working_directory?

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Fri Jul 10 03:03:27 CDT 2009

Quoting [Thilo Kielmann] (Jul 10 2009):

> This sounds like reasonable behavior.
>
> However, it MUST be documented. And I wonder if this is something that
> could be implementation-specific or better not?
> Do we have to add a gazillion of "what happens if" in the SAGA spec???
> If not, will SAGA applications ever be portable across implementations???

The strategy so far has been to pinpoint semantics as
tightly as possible, when there is agreement about the
desired behaviour, and then require implementations to
motivate and document when they deviate from that semantics.
Seems reasonable in that case, too, I'd say?  That strategy
would make this an errata item.

Best, Andre.