[SAGA-RG] Emailing: saga_sd.dvi

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 12:43:25 CST 2008

Thanks

> One minor thingie:  SIDL allows actually for default
> parameters, so instead of
>
>       list_services (in  string     service_filter,
>                      in  string     data_filter,
>                      in  string     vo_filter,
>                      out array<service_description> services);
>
>       list_services (in  string     service_filter,
>                      in  string     data_filter,
>                      out array<service_description> services);
>
> you could write
>
>       list_services (in  string     service_filter,
>                      in  string     data_filter,
>                      in  string     vo_filter = "",
>                      out array<service_description> services);
>
> That would keep it consistent with the detailed spec, where
> you list only the long version (and rightly so).

Where is this desribed please. I have been looking at
https://computation.llnl.gov/casc/components/docs/users_guide/

Where looking at the JAVACC grammar in
https://computation.llnl.gov/casc/components/docs/users_guide/node351.ht
ml

It says:

/**
 * Parse a SIDL argument.  Arguments begin with an optional copy
modifier
 * followed by in, out, or inout followed by a type and a formal
argument.
 * The argument is returned on the top of the argument stack.  This
routine
 * also checks that the copy modifier is used only for symbol objects.
For
 * all other types, copy is redundant.
 */
Argument ::= [ <T_COPY> ] ( <T_IN> | <T_OUT> | <T_INOUT> )
	 (Type Identifier | Rarray)

I want to make it quite clear in the spec that we are not saying that
the vo_filter has a default value of "" - which is what this notation
looks like for Python fans but that it can be omitted altogether!

Steve