[SAGA-RG] Emailing: saga_sd.dvi

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Mar 6 12:52:29 CST 2008

Quoting [Fisher, SM (Steve)] (Mar 06 2008):

> > That would keep it consistent with the detailed spec, where
> > you list only the long version (and rightly so).
>
> Where is this desribed please. I have been looking at
> https://computation.llnl.gov/casc/components/docs/users_guide/

Section 2.2.2 of the SAGA Core Spec:

  2.2.2 Default Parameter Values

  This document, in several places, adds default values in
  the SIDL part of the API specification. It is up to the
  language bindings to exploit any native means for default
  parameter values. If this is not possible, the language
  binding CAN abstain from default parameter values. Also,
  if asynchronous method calls require additional
  parameters, which might affect the handling of default
  parameters in languages such as C and C++, the language
  binding CAN deviate from this document in that respect.

So it would be up to the language binding really how that is
interpreted.

However, I see what you are saying with the default
parameter versus the ommitted parameter.  My wrong, I think
we discussed this before.  So I think its fine as is, but
you may want to add the detailed description for the second
version then, like:

    - list_services
      Purpose:  return the set of services that pass the set of
                specified filters, for the current session
      Format:   list_services   (in  string  service_filter,
                                 in  string  data_filter,
                                 out array<service_description>
                                             services);
      Inputs:   service_filter:  filter on the basic service and
                                 site attributes and on related
                                 services
                data_filter:     filter on key/value pairs
                                 associated with the service
      Outputs:  -
      Throws:   NotImplemented
                BadParameter
                AuthorizationFailed
                AuthenticationFailed
                NoSuccess
      Notes:    - the semantics is identical to the
                  overloaded list_services method from
                  above, but it creates the VO filter from
                  the VO attributes of the saga::contexts
                  instances attached to the current session.

Thanks, Andre.