[SAGA-RG] spec

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Thu Dec 13 07:32:38 CST 2007

Hi Ceriel,

Quoting [Ceriel Jacobs] (Dec 13 2007):

> >Ah, right, that one...  That indeed needs resolving.  I post
> >this answer to the list again then.
> >
> >I guess its 'your' way (B), as there were two votes (Ceriel,
> >Thilo) against one (me).
>
> Well, I was not aware that I have an official vote here!

:-)  Basically, everybody who subscribes to the mailing list
or participates in the meetings can vote.

> have a slight preference for B, but am also the origin
> of the expand method from 'your' version C.
> I don't really care, as long as the issue is resolved.
>
>> I am not sure if we came to a closure on 'Correction 2', but
>> I think that Ceriels answer ("if you need abs paths, then do
>> a 'cd()' to somewhere where you can use rel paths") is a
>> rather inelegant workaround for a limitation which is not
>> too well motivated, IMHO.
>
> I did not write this to defend rel paths, but to point out that
> it could be done, where you said that it could not be done.

Ok, point taken.

> Anyway, since the subject of this mail is "spec", here are another
> couple of small issues, which are easily fixed:
>
> - rpc package: the parameter constructor does not throw NotImplemented,
>   but the buffer constructor does, and parameter extends buffer.
>
> - there are many places where attributes are defined as having mode
>   "Read". This should be "ReadOnly". (do
> 	grep 'mode:  Read$' *.tex
>   and
>  	grep 'mode:  Read,' *.tex
>   to find them.)
>
> - Appendix A, example 1: still uses strings instead of urls, and uses
>   file where only ns_entry is needed.

Thanks for those, I'll fix them!

Please note that the wildcard issue is REALLY the last known
issue - as soon as we have that settled the spec is out.  So
if you have discovered anything else... ;)

> Cheers,		Ceriel

Thanks, Andre.

--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however,
a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.