[saga-rg] Re: saga update... (iii)

Hidemoto Nakada hide-nakada at aist.go.jp
Thu Mar 23 07:02:50 CST 2006

Andre,

> I'd like to understand the purpose of the config file
> better, so I have a couple of questions.   I found the
> config-file section in the Ninf-G user manual.
>
> What is the general idea of the config file?  To me it
> sounds like it configures the (client side) backend, not the
> API - would that not better be hidden in some ~/.ninfgrc or
> so?

> Are there many values which are intended to change from one
> application run to the next?

yes. the configuration file cannot be shared by all the applications.
we found that configuration files are really handy.

It could be hidden like $(PWD)/.ninfgrc .

> The GridSolve user guide is silent about the config file
> structure - is it the same as in Ninf-G?

No. it is totally implementation dependent.

> If not, how does GridSolve handle the client side
> configuration?

I have no idea. my colleague Yusuke might know the answer for
your question.
# He was working for Jack for one year.