[gridrpc-wg] Re: [saga-rg] Re: saga update... (iii)

Yusuke Tanimura yusuke.tanimura at aist.go.jp
Thu Mar 23 09:21:28 CST 2006

Hi, all,

> > The GridSolve user guide is silent about the config file
> > structure - is it the same as in Ninf-G?
>
> No. it is totally implementation dependent.
>
> > If not, how does GridSolve handle the client side
> > configuration?
>
> I have no idea. my colleague Yusuke might know the answer for
> your question.

If GridSolve people read this discussion, of course, it is the best
for them to answer the question, or correct my comments
if I said wrong.

The client configuration is almost nothing in GridSolve and
NetSolve.  Only $NETSOLVE_AGENT (or $GRIDSOLVE_AGENT)
and $NETSOLVE_AGENT_PORT can be specified with the
environment variables.  The client can get the information of
remote servers form the agent, because the server is registered
to the agent when it starts.

On the other hand, GridSolve and NetSolve have the server
configuration file.  A file will be prepared for each server
by a remote site administrator (or a user after he/she login
the remote).  This configuration filename will not be appeared
in the client-side API.

regards,

Yusuke