[saga-rg] Re: SAGA and Security

Andre Merzky andre at merzky.net
Sun Feb 19 15:35:36 CST 2006

Hi John,

I'm afraid that the document does not help too much, for
several reasons.

For one, it is describing requirements - so it poses similar
questions as SAGA does, but does not provide a answer
really.

Also, it is very AG-centric - e.g. data management is only
mentioned in respect to files shared for an AG session, or
for the purpose of immersed visualization etc.

And finally I am afraid that the ACE group went into
hibernate mode - they seem not to have picked up their
requirement document, and developed a solution on top of
that.

Well, having said that, I think it provides an excellent
sanity check for our own security requierements, and should
help us to complete what we learned from the use cases In
particular the viz use cases we have).

Cheers, Andre.

Quoting [John Shalf] (Feb 19 2006):