[saga-rg] Re: SAGA and Security

John Shalf JShalf at lbl.gov
Tue Feb 21 02:15:18 CST 2006

On Feb 19, 2006, at 1:35 PM, Andre Merzky wrote:
> Hi John,
> I'm afraid that the document does not help too much, for
> several reasons.
>
> For one, it is describing requirements - so it poses similar
> questions as SAGA does, but does not provide a answer
> really.

I think then that my point was not clear.  SAGA lacks a clear
statement of security requirements.  The ACE security document does a
good job of enumerating their requirements -- its something ACE did
correctly despite the lack of follow-through on the results. It
certainly makes conversations with members of the security community
more focused when you have a clear statement of requirements laid out
for them.

> Also, it is very AG-centric - e.g. data management is only
> mentioned in respect to files shared for an AG session, or
> for the purpose of immersed visualization etc.

I agree.  In fact, I think I said so in my original message.