[saga-rg] Short Strawman versions

Craig Lee craig at rush.aero.org
Thu Aug 4 12:24:18 CDT 2005

I'd like to second Thilo's comments.  I've often used the "six calls of
MPI" analogy
for what SAGA should be defining for grid apps.  The current SAGA API doc,
however,
really is a reference manual that defines the API in (mostly) complete
(i.e., "gory") detail.
That said, what we need is a "SAGA for Beginners" document or "cookbook" that
has lots of example programs -- starting with very, very simple programs
and progressing
to programs add more functionality.

--Craig