[RUS-WG] Retirement from OGSA-RUS co-chair function

piro at to.infn.it piro at to.infn.it
Mon Jan 19 08:32:25 CST 2009

Dear Morris, dear all,

first of all let me say thank you for the precious work you have done!
Unfortunately we can't do everything we're interested in and have to set
priorities. I know that well, I had to make some decisions, too.

I've left INFN to dedicate my time fully to computational
biology/bioinformatics, which means that I'm now with an institution (the
Molecular Biotechnology Center at Turin) that has (unfortunately) not much
interest in Grid Computing.

This does not mean that I'll immediately have to leave the RUS-WG (I keep
my interest in Grid Computing :o), I can continue to do some work in my
"spare time" (and I'm currently working on an update of the spec). But my
institute will not cover any travel expenses and thus I will most probably
not be able to come to further meetings (the next OGF in Catania might be
an exception because I have relatives there, I hope I will be able to show
up, but cannot guarantee it).

Although I can continue to do some work, sooner or later I will likely
have to quit as well, so any help is more than welcome.

Shiraz, of course, has my support if he's willing to dedicate some of his
time and energy to the RUS :o)

To all others: please let us know your opinions, and let's all help to get
some momentum back to the RUS-WG, as Morris said.

Cheers,
Rosario.