[RUS-WG] Retirement from OGSA-RUS co-chair function

Morris Riedel m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Fri Jan 16 07:42:16 CST 2009

Dear RUS-WG team,

  as some of you probably already know my strong focus is on real production
infrastructures and how open standards can be used with them. Therefore, I'm
chairing the GIN group and, more recently, the PGI group as well.

My focus unfortunately means that I can't continue serving as co-chair of
the RUS-WG.

It was a pleasure and very rewarding to work with you in the past and I hope
the RUS-WG gets again momentum and will drive the
accounting/billing/tracking standards strongly required by Grid
infrastructures today. This will be particularly important when they move to
commercial governance/funding models in the rather near future.

Additionally, I would like to propose Shiraz Memon (cc) as a new co-chair of
RUS replacing me. We both share the view that RUS has a close dependency
with information services (e.g. scalability, query interfaces, etc.). For
instance, the UR schema, could be like the GLUE schema, used in conjunction
with information services - maybe only with a more restrictive model (i.e.
tracking changes in information).

Also, Shiraz has good knowledge in WS-RF and is therefore the right person
to pursue any WS-RF-based renderings of RUS.

But of course, this all is subject to discussion in this group.

All the best for this group!

Take care,
Morris

Morris Riedel
SW - Engineer
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing Division
Jülich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)
Forschungszentrum Juelich
Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1
D - 52425 Juelich
Germany

Email: m.riedel at fz-juelich.de
Info: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/JSCPeople/riedel
Phone: +49 2461 61 - 3651
Fax: +49 2461 61 - 6656

Skype: MorrisRiedel

"We work to better ourselves, and the rest of humanity"

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender)