[rus-wg] Resource Usage Service WG Meeting in Seoul

Jon MacLaren maclaren at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Feb 23 20:54:34 CST 2005

All,

This is a "call to arms" if you like, regarding the RUS specification.
Within the UK Markets project, there has been some good work recently
to adapt the Resource Usage Service following the demise of OGSI.

An implementation has also been created and tested at the University of
Manchester.  The service is likely to be deployed on the UK National
Grid Service, and may also become part of future releases of the OMII
software.

Given this activity - more than there has been for some time, we want
to push the revised version of the specification forward.  To try to
standardise it.  However, this will be hard if there is no engagement
from the community.  Accountancy, while not glamorous, is essential to
Grid computing.  I urge those of you on the list who are attending the
Seoul meeting to please come along and support this work.

And if you can't come to Seoul, then it would be great if you could
just comment on the spec on the mailing list...

The meeting is on Tuesday, March 15 from 3pm-4:30pm in the Sapphire
Ballroom 1.

The up-to-date specification, currently based on WS-I, can be found on
our mailing list archives at:

http://www-unix.gridforum.org/mail_archive/rus-wg/2005/02/msg00001.html

Thanks for your time,

Jon MacLaren.