[Risge-rg] RISGE-RG next meeting , Boston, 25-29 Feb 2008

Thomas Prokosch thomas.prokosch at gup.uni-linz.ac.at
Thu Dec 13 13:58:53 CST 2007

Hi Costas, Marcin,

Constantinos (Costas) Kotsokalis wrote:
> On 13 Dec 2007, at 18:23, Thomas Prokosch wrote:
>> Well, right now the agenda is very short (too short IMHO, it will be
>> difficult to justify an intercontinental trip for basically two points -
>> presentation and discussion).
>
> I would argue that in this case the discussion is much needed, as we do
> not often get a chance to discuss from proximity. We can define the
> parts of the discussion with more granularity during these coming weeks,
> but I really believe we must concentrate on the topic we are tackling
> and its technical details through such a discussion.

I do not question the necessity of having a discussion. I also believe
that having a fruitful discussion is time put into good use. However, I
would urge to start the discussion right now via mailing lists (or, as
you proposed, via conference calls) so that we can dig deep during the
precious time at the OGF. In Boston we should not waste our time with
basic or cursory chats, but we should be able to get to the point, get
some work done.

As I see it, we all agree on how to proceed.

> BTW, should we start having some conference calls every now and then?
> Not too often, for sure, I would say that once every two-three weeks
> would be enough at this stage.

Why not utilizing the mailing lists instead? Just a proposition, I have
nothing against conference calls, however the advantage of using emails
is that the communication form is time asynchronous (so, more convenient).

Best regards,
Thomas
--
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Prokosch
GUP Linz, Johannes Kepler University Linz