[Pgi-wg] PGI Execution Service - Realization via existing specifications

Balazs Konya balazs.konya at hep.lu.se
Wed May 20 04:00:45 CDT 2009

Dear Etienne,

With your long list of "to-be-profiled" specifications that you collected from
Andrew's proposal you made a very important point:

The "composability" and "profilability" of these specs are not trivial at all.

We saw that an entire OGF WG had to be set up just to synchronize the BES/JSDL
(the HPC-BP group). And that process was slow and painful.

Now we are talking about the extension/re-engineering of BES/JSDL AND the
profiling of the new BES-1.2 JSDL-1.2 specs together with GLUE2 AND trying to
make all these stuff satisfy the complex requirements around data staging.
Plus add the other specs i did not mention here but you put into your list.

The other alternative is to go for a clean spec.

bye,
Balazs Konya

--
Balázs Kónya

NorduGrid Collaboration
http://www.nordugrid.org

Lund University	                        balazs.konya at hep.lu.se
High Energy Physics                     phone:   +46 46 222 8049
BOX 118, S - 221 00 LUND, Sweden        fax:     +46 46 222 4015