[Pgi-wg] Next job management teleconference Wednesday 13 May 2009 at 16h CEST

Etienne URBAH urbah at lal.in2p3.fr
Tue May 12 10:15:26 CDT 2009

Moreno,

Concerning the PGI Execution Service :

Thank you very much for the 'Strawman_rendering' based on the 'Execution
Service Strawman'.

Management of multiple activities
---------------------------------
I have found that the 'JSDL Parameter Sweep Job Extension' document has
been submitted to OGF Editor for publication, is now ready to publish,
and is available at http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc14595?nav=1

Please check that the PGI 'Execution Service Strawman' and the
'Strawman_rendering' documents are compatible with this JSDL document,
and that there is NOT too much overlapping between the 2 ways (Operation
and JSDL) to manage multiple activities.

'Strawman_rendering' document
-----------------------------
Chapter 6.2.1 'CreateActivity' of 'ogsa-bes-v38.doc' available at
http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15062?nav=1 defines an
'UnsupportedFeatureFault' explicitly related to JSDL parsing.

Therefore, for the 'CreateActivity' operation, I suggest to require the
execution service to parse the job description.

I consider 'purging' of activities as pure house cleaning of already
terminated activities, to be performed AFTER any potential client
request to terminate the activity (before its normal ending).

So, I suggest to replace the boolean 'terminate' input parameter of the
'PurgeActivity' operation by a boolean 'purge' input parameter of the
'TerminateActivity' operation.  More precisely :

For the 'TerminateActivity' operation, I suggest to add :
-  a boolean 'purge' parameter specifying if the activity should be
immediately purged after termination,
-  a 'Terminated but not purged' fault as possible return value.

For the 'PurgeActivity' operation, I do suggest to suppress the boolean
'terminate' input parameter.

Besides, I am sorry, but I will probably NOT be able to attend the next
PGI job management teleconference.

Best regards.

Etienne URBAH         LAL, Univ Paris-Sud, IN2P3/CNRS
                       Bat 200   91898 ORSAY    France
Tel: +33 1 64 46 84 87      Skype: etienne.urbah
Mob: +33 6 22 30 53 27      mailto:urbah at lal.in2p3.fr