[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Security Model

Duane Merrill dgm4d at virginia.edu
Thu Mar 26 09:55:37 CDT 2009

> If interoperability between these islands is required we need to address
> the AAA issue but that should not affect our adoption of BES.

I agree completely.  There are two "killer apps" for grid computing: data
and compute.  We should, by all means, aim to construct standard interfaces
for these applications.  (Having said that, I should also point out that
these "wheels" have been reinvented since time immemorial...)

However, failing to construct a *common* credentialing solution will result
in, as you mention, "islands of grids" for *any* application standardization
effort.  And if islands-of-grids is an acceptable ends to our means, I have
to question what we are doing in these working groups: we can simply refer
the reader to a specific instance of middleware architecture documents (or
implementation, even) as the standard for that "island".  Problem solved.

-Duane