[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Security Model

Laurence Field Laurence.Field at cern.ch
Thu Mar 26 09:24:36 CDT 2009

Hi Duane,

BES was proposed as a standard interface for job submission. Our initial
aim was to understand how/if we could adopt this interface in our
infrastructures. Obviously this interface alone will not make the
infrastructure fully interoperable but it would be a step in the right
direction.

One of the constraints that we have is that our infrastructure is based
around VOMS-style-ACs and this will not change this in the short term. I
would imagine any other infrastructures using a different AAA scheme
would have a similar problem.
Adopting the BES interface should not require people to change the AAA
scheme that they used in their infrastructure.

What we require is a method of using BES with VOMS-style-ACs. We may end
up with multiple specification that explain how BES is used with
different AAA schemes. This would highlight the real situation and we
have different "Grid Islands" which can't interoperability due to the
different AAA schemes used.

If interoperability between these islands is required we need to address
the AAA issue but that should not affect our adoption of BES.

Laurence