[Pgi-wg] OGF PGI - Security Model

Duane Merrill dgm4d at virginia.edu
Thu Mar 26 10:34:30 CDT 2009

Forgive me for pushing my logic to the extreme; I do realize that
ARC/gLite/Naregi are similar enough that they could be congealed to
constitute a "grid island" with some degree of effort.

My point is that the working group is still faced with a crisis of identity:
it is not about "production grid interoperability", but rather about "A-type
interoperability", "B-type interoperability", "C-type interoperability"
where {A, B, C, etc.} is the set of credentialing schemes that, depending on
the effort we are willing to invest, may number as many as there are
different middleware implementations (no effort), or as few as one
integrated scheme.

The operative phrase being "the amount of effort we are willing to invest".
Perhaps we should survey *that*.

-Duane