[orep-wg] WS-ReplicaCatalog specification

Peter Kunszt Peter.Kunszt at cern.ch
Fri Aug 5 10:34:06 CDT 2005

hi rob and ann,

without wanting to sound rude or out of place, please allow me
to tell you that in my opinion the current scope definition of
the document and also the introduction is not suitable
for a GGF standardization document.

it cannot be that a standard is tied to a very specific implementation
of a very specific product. a standard should be a just the pure
interface
definition with its semantics defined, so that every group that intends
implement the standard, can do so in a well-defined way. its scope has
to be addressing a well-defined set of requirements in a specific
manner,
and it also has to mention explicitly what it does not define, and how
it
relates to other efforts.

currently the document's first few pages read like an introduction to
a work plan for the 'WSRF-ification' of the globus RLS, not like the
intro
to a GGF standards doc.

just my 2c,

peter

ps. other than this immediate general one, i have also technical
comments - coming soon ;-)