[ogsa-wg] [OGSA-BES-WG] HPC profile questionaire draft

Marty Humphrey humphrey at cs.virginia.edu
Fri Nov 17 17:45:13 CST 2006

Ian,

Your points are very good and absolutely valid. Absolutely. Great points.

While you and I might disagree with such words as "far from adequate" and
even "tiny" in your subsequent email, we agree that it's very important to
scope this properly, for the points you articulated.

And to clarify: I don't think it's necessarily those people most closely
connected with the effort who might think or claim that the scope is broader
than it should be in reality. (Is that sentence parsable?) I have found that
the people on the WG calls and those people implementing the spec generally
have the proper perspective on this work, in my opinion. Of course, the
issue now regards MY perspective :^)

Again, I think you make a great point that we have sure that vendors don't
just implement this Base HPC Profile and claim they're done. We've always
thought that a key to the overall HPC Profile will be the extensions -
making sure that EVERYONE understands this point is critical for this
effort.

-- Marty

  _____