[ogsa-wg] Webcast thoughts (abstract)

Treadwell, Jem jem.treadwell at hp.com
Fri Mar 24 15:51:16 CST 2006

Hi Ian, thanks - no argument from me.  I do think we need to describe
each of the capabilities, but in terms of their purpose and where they
fit in the architecture, not in terms of specs.   But this should be
balanced with a significant amount of background info, and I agree that
an objective should be to help people to understand why they should
care.  And as the webcast will remain available for download, we need it
still to be relevant a year from now.

By the way, I neglected to mention the title in the abstract document,
and I'm changing my own earlier suggestion to "Defining the Grid: An
Introduction to OGSA" (i.e. Introduction rather than Overview).  The
first part comes from the title of the Roadmap doc, which seems an
appropriate theme - and of course it was also the name of a GGF16
session.  We could also add something about standards, but I'm more
inclined to keep it short.  Other suggestions welcome.

- Jem