[ogsa-wg] Webcast thoughts (abstract)

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 24 11:37:08 CST 2006

Dear All:

I'm concerned that a talk that focuses on the details of various
specifications will not capture the imagination of the audience, especially
as many of those specifications don't exist yet and/or have not been
broadly adopted.

I wonder if we should be thinking about a presentation that emphasizes more
what this will let people do?

Ian.

At 12:21 PM 3/24/2006 -0500, Treadwell, Jem wrote:
>"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w =
>"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:st1 =
>"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags">
>Hi, the OGSA webcast is now confirmed for Wednesday April 26th.  We'll be
>discussing it on Monday's call and at the f2f in Sunnyvale.  We plan to
>hold a dry run on the regular con-call on Wednesday April 19th.  It will
>be hosted by HP; registration details to be announced.
>
>I need to provide an abstract and some other information, including
>speaker bios, by next Wednesday, 3/29, so we will need to finalize the
>abstract on Monday's call.  My first draft is attached - if you have
>comments or suggested changes please mark them up on the document and
>return them to me as soon as possible, so that we can review them on the
>call.  Please don't wait until the call, as that will inevitably prolong
>the discussion.
>
>Thanks!
>
>- Jem

Ian Foster                    www.mcs.anl.gov/~foster
Math & Computer Science Div.  Dept of Computer Science
Argonne National Laboratory   The University of Chicago
Argonne, IL 60439, U.S.A.     Chicago, IL 60637, U.S.A.
Tel: 630 252 4619             Fax: 630 252 1997
         Globus Alliance, www.globus.org