[ogsa-wg] OGSA Exec summary ...

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Aug 15 21:27:20 CDT 2006

Raj's email bounced.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [ogsa-wg] OGSA Exec summary ...
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:30:30 +1000
From: Rajkumar Buyya <raj at csse.unimelb.edu.au>
To: Hiro Kishimoto <hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com>
CC: Subramaniam, Ravi <ravi.subramaniam at intel.com>,        ogsa-wg
<ogsa-wg at ggf.org>

Hi Hiro:

Regarding statements in your document:
---------
Resource Management enables the monitoring, reservation, deployment, and
configuration of grid resources according to quality of service
requirements.  Grids allow organizations to pool their departmental IT
resources and make them available for efficient and dynamic use across
the organization.
---------

"Resource allocation" need to be part of  esource Management services.

How about changing the above statements to following:
---------
•Resource Management enables the monitoring, allocation, reservation,
deployment, and configuration of grid resources according to quality of
service requirements.  Grids allow organizations to pool their
departmental IT resources and make them available for efficient and
dynamic use to meet demands from competing applications across the
organization.
---------

Thanks
raj