[ogsa-wg] CDDLM - ACS - EMS Interactions

Stuart Schaefer Sschaefer at softricity.com
Wed Sep 28 07:35:36 CDT 2005

Sorry for the time it took to build all of this.  I have built three
scenarios to discuss the possible interactions between CDDLM, ACS and
the remainder of the core.  Each scenario has two assets, a sequence
diagram and a block diagram of the OGSA architecture adapted from the
base EMS diagram.  Additionally, I have attached the CDDLM/ACS
interaction proposal created by the ACS team at GGF 14.

In the first scenario, CDDLM draws directly from the repository as shown
in the ACS diagrams and the model used in the original EMS Scenario #3.

In the second scenario, CDDLM uses OGSA Data Services as a conduit to
access the ACS repository (knowing that the data services architecture
is in progress).

In the final scenario, I propose splitting CDDLM from knowledge of the
repository by using the OGSA services as intermediary.

The CDDLM architecture was designed to allow remote files to be added to
it for local deployments.  It was not originally presumed that we would
be drawing from a remote repository using an undefined protocol.

See everyone tonight,

Stuart