[ogsa-wg] Roadmap v19 uploaded

Gregory Newby newby at arsc.edu
Thu Sep 8 19:48:36 CDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 02:48:21PM +0900, Hiro Kishimoto wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> >>I don't know how the authors responded to the note I put on the
> >>document's tracker. Greg, can you help?
> >
> > You're talking about this document, right?
> >
> > 	A Roadmap for the Open Grid Services Architecture (v1.0)
> > 	https://forge.gridforum.org/tracker/?aid=1548
> >
> > The Public Comment tracker is here:
> > 	https://forge.gridforum.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=540
> >
> > I'm sorry, but I didn't see a note from you in either tracker.  I must
> > be missing something.
>
> The comment is made against "Attributes used in OGSA Authorization" not
> "OGSA roadmap."

Got it - sorry for not realizing this.

> You've pasted my comment here:
> https://forge.gridforum.org/forum/message.php?msg_id=1282
>
> And actual comments are made in the uploaded word document;
> https://forge.gridforum.org/tracker/?aid=1485
>
> You can find my comment on the first page:
> "OGSA-WG has OGSA profile definition document and OGSA WSRF Basic
> Profile as an example. I recommend to re-format this document based on
> the OGSA profile definition."
>
> At the August F2F meeting in Sunnyvale, OGSA-WG and OGSA-AuthZ-WG
> have agreed not to reformat this version.
>
> From the F2F meeting minutes;
> > Attributes document give information background and defines profiles.
> > Hiro proposed to use profile format. Only part of document is
> > profile, and the rest is informational. Part that is a profile can be
> > changed to OGSA format. Tom: still struggling with document structure
> > in OGSA. Discussion if document can be divided in two, to make clear
> > what is normative and what is not. Consensus that will address this
> > in version 2.
>
> > There are responses from Jem in the Public Comment tracker, and my
> > understanding is that we're awaiting a couple of other sections before
> > moving this to the next step.  If the changes are substantial, we
> > might want to run it through another public comment period.
>
> We think the changes are all minor and we don't need another public
> comment period.

Understood, and I put a note about this in the public comment
tracker.  However, this document still has another couple
of days in the 60-day public comment period.  It's scheduled
for completion on September 22.  At that time, I'll change
the tracker status to alert the authors that their response
(in the tracker, and/or via an updated document) is solicited.

It's good to know the anticipated changes are minor.  No, there
should be no need for a further public comment period.  (The
GGF procedure seems to vary with the IETF's here: we think it's
OK to have moderate changes after the public comment period, without
requiring a further public comment period.  The IETF seems to
frown on such changes.)

I'm not sure this note is responsive to your original question,
so please send me a clue if I'm missing anything.
  -- Greg