[ogsa-wg] Roadmap v19 uploaded

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Sep 7 00:33:22 CDT 2005

Forwarding an email from Greg Newby, our GGF Editor.
-----
Hiro Kishimoto

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 01:09:56AM -0700, David Snelling wrote:
> Jem et al,
>
> On 2 Sep 2005, at 15:57, Treadwell, Jem wrote:
>
> >I'm  not making this the Final Call version yet, because I need to
> >clarify something: although Takuya put the AuthZ docs in section
> >5, and I agree that they're profiles (though the Use of SAML doesn't
> >actually mention the word profile), the versions I found on
> >GridForge don't conform to the OGSA Profile Definition.
>
> I mentioned this in the GFSG review prior to AuthZ going to PC. I'm
> hoping the Greg and the authors agree in time to use the Profile
> template, as it would make the document easier to follow and of course
> match the OGSA document structure. Note that the AuthZ authors are not
> bound (by their charter) to conform to the Profile template, but I
> think it would help all around. This may not happen until a later
> version.

The template idea is great, but it will mostly be the WG
that "enforces" it -- from what I've heard so far, much of
it won't apply to non-OGSA-WG documents.

There are definitely some items that will apply much
more broadly....for example, the discussion about how
to allude to the trademark, and when to spell out OGSA
versus using the acronym.

These types of items would be great for another document, even a
casual "howto" for the Editor tracker area rather than a
formal document.  This is something I could link in
(here: https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ggf-editor) &
update as needed.

> In the meantime, I would list it in the Profile section, but note that
> it is not in the expected format.
>
> I don't know how the authors responded to the note I put on the
> document's tracker. Greg, can you help?

You're talking about this document, right?

	A Roadmap for the Open Grid Services Architecture (v1.0)
	https://forge.gridforum.org/tracker/?aid=1548

The Public Comment tracker is here:
	https://forge.gridforum.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=540

I'm sorry, but I didn't see a note from you in either tracker.  I must
be missing something.

There are responses from Jem in the Public Comment tracker, and my
understanding is that we're awaiting a couple of other sections before
moving this to the next step.  If the changes are substantial, we
might want to run it through another public comment period.
   -- Greg