[ogsa-wg] RE: [ogsa-naming-wg] service/resource identifier on the wire?

Maguire_Tom at emc.com Maguire_Tom at emc.com
Wed Nov 9 12:44:49 CST 2005

So my recollection of the conversation is that I pointed out that
AbstractName as currently defined in WS-Naming will not flow on the wire.
The discussion from that point forward was about whether or not the
AbstractName needed to flow on the wire.  There were those that argued that
you could make the argument that it was not necessary on an invocation.  I
suspect that this perspective only considers certain interaction
(equivalency for instance).  If the AbstractName is used for Authorization
policy then I would imagine that it must flow on the wire.
There was a thread on this that dealt with a binding of an AbstractName to
wsa:Address.

Tom