[ogsa-wg] Draft ByteIO Document

Mark Morgan mmm2a at virginia.edu
Sun Mar 13 20:10:52 CST 2005

Steve,

Thanks for the comment.  In retrospect, there was probably no reason for me
to even put that paragraph into the document that I sent out.  All I was
trying to say was that I believe that the adoption of grid's is reliant upon
simple, easy access to the grid's functionallity.  In the case of data, the
simplest form of data access can be granted to grid users through common
protocols and tools like NFS and CIFS.  Keeping that in mind is a good
thing.  But, as you correctly pointed out, there isn't an explicit
relationship between NFS and CIFS and ByteIO.

-Mark

--
Mark Morgan
Research Scientist