[ogsa-wg] Draft ByteIO Document

Steve Tuecke tuecke at univa.com
Fri Mar 11 20:25:44 CST 2005

Mark,

You write "Further, we also believe that access to grids through the
use of readily available, common protocols such as NFS and CIFS is
important for the adoptability of grid technology. This document
describes a prototype interface for a ByteIO port type – a simple web
service port type which is reminiscent of a posix-like interface. This
prototype addresses the various requirements for a simple, basic data
access layer which NFS and CIFS modules can easily be written to
interface with."

I don't understand the relationship you are asserting between the
ByteIO Web Service interface and NFS and CIFS.

-Steve