[ogsa-wg] Proposed (DRAFT) Agenda for Basic EM BOF

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 8 18:30:11 CST 2005

Steven:

We *have* raised the issue of the name of OGSA RUS before, I believe, but
it didn't seem worth making a fuss over. Here, as we are starting from
scratch, we have the opportunity to do things right.

Yes, approved as part of a profile: as discussed at some length, that's how
OGSA-WG proposes to proceed to define "OGSA" in a normative sense, via
profiles.

Ian.

At 11:23 PM 3/8/2005 +0000, Steven Newhouse wrote:
>>One more point: I don't think this should be called the OGSA-BEM BOF or WG.
>
>FYI: The OGSA Resource Usage Service that has been a WG since GGF6. I've
>heard no complaints about this name. We've been quiet recently but are
>meeting at this GGF...
>
>>As we've discussed on several occasions, things may be approved as part
>>of OGSA when completed and widely adopted. We can't pre-approve things,
>>or imply that we are pre-approving things, as the name OGSA-BEM does.
>
>Surely, you mean approved as part of a profile? OGSA-WG controlling that
>makes sense. Does the OGSA-WG control other WGs? I thought that was what
>GFSG (or whatever it may soon be called) does...? But maybe that too has
>changed!
>
>Regards,
>
>Steven
>--
>Dr Steven Newhouse                        Tel:+44 (0)2380 598789
>Deputy Director, Open Middleware Infrastructure Institute (OMII)
>Suite 6005, Faraday Building (B21), Highfield Campus,
>Southampton University, Highfield, Southampton, SO17 1BJ,  UK

Ian Foster                    www.mcs.anl.gov/~foster
Math & Computer Science Div.  Dept of Computer Science
Argonne National Laboratory   The University of Chicago
Argonne, IL 60439, U.S.A.     Chicago, IL 60637, U.S.A.
Tel: 630 252 4619             Fax: 630 252 1997
         Globus Alliance, www.globus.org