[ogsa-wg] Proposed (DRAFT) Agenda for Basic EM BOF

Andrew Grimshaw grimshaw at cs.virginia.edu
Tue Mar 8 18:43:38 CST 2005

Ian,

a) As discussed on last nights telecom, we are going to allocate up to 30
minutes for other presenters. I have already sent email to the two people
who have requested time.

b) The whole point of this working group IS to fit into the overall
architecture. That is how the charter SHOULD read. The charter is the
contract the working group makes with the steering committee, and limits the
scope of the working group.

c)       I don't understand item c, the draft charter document clearly
states

"Focus/Purpose

The OGSA Execution Management Services (EMS) design team has developed as
part of the OGSA V1 document a draft set of EMS services to support a wide
range of use-cases. The objective of the proposed OGSA-BES working group is
to focus on a minimal sub-set of the EMS services and develop a
recommendations document (i.e., specification) for them. The working group
will work closely with the WG/RGs within GGF, e.g. OGSA WG, JSDL WG, SAGA
RG, GRAAP WG and also widely used pioneering projects; e.g. Globus, UNICORE,
Condor, Legion, Platform, SGE, PBS, OMII, and others as appropriate.

The milestones are particularly ambitious in order to support the overall
OGSA roadmap and timeline. Fortunately there has already been significant
discussion with the OGSA-WG on the overall EMS architecture, as well as
discussions with other interested parties such as OMII and EGEE.

Scope

The scope of the proposed working group is on the definition of services for
service  instantiation and management, with a particular focus initially on
legacy "job" services. For example, using the OGSA V1 nomenclature, service
containers and jobs.

"

Andrew

  _____