[ogsa-wg] Proposed (DRAFT) Agenda for Basic EM BOF

David Snelling David.Snelling at UK.Fujitsu.com
Tue Mar 8 02:09:38 CST 2005

Folks,

On 7 Mar 2005, at 22:39, Ian Foster wrote:

>  a) It's important to give time for other people to present. E.g., I
> suspect Karl Czajkowski will want to present on our behalf. There will
> likely be others. People should be able to sign up ahead of the
> meeting and get a time allocation.

Agreed. The NAREGI team have already posted a request to contribute and
Intel/Fujistu would also like to present. I think we are looking at 10
minute slots.

>  b) I don't see how we can require a priori that "the output of the
> OGSA-BEM will fit into the overall OGSA EMS architecture." I don't
> know what that means, and in any case, we need to see what people come
> up with.

I would agree with Ian here based on our agreement at the Washington
F2F. There we agreed the our ptofiles would be consistent with the
architecture. I believe this should also apply to these spawned WGs.
Technically however, the forming WG could charter its self to be
constrained to the current EMS model. I would prefer that charter
support the same "invariant" model we use for profiles. This would
allow the EMS model to be modified in light of lessons learned in the
new WG.

> c) It is important to say something in the BOF description as to what
> we expect the scope of "basic execution management service" to be.
> E.g., "focused on defining Web services interfaces for job submission,
> monitoring, and management."

Yes this will be required by our ADs as part of avoiding overlap with
other existing work, e.g. DRAMMA.

--

Take care:

     Dr. David Snelling < David . Snelling . UK . Fujitsu . com >
     Fujitsu Laboratories of Europe
     Hayes Park Central
     Hayes End Road
     Hayes, Middlesex  UB4 8FE