[ogsa-wg] Proposed (DRAFT) Agenda for Basic EM BOF

Ian Foster foster at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 7 16:39:16 CST 2005

Three comments:

a) It's important to give time for other people to present. E.g., I suspect
Karl Czajkowski will want to present on our behalf. There will likely be
others. People should be able to sign up ahead of the meeting and get a
time allocation.

b) I don't see how we can require a priori that "the output of the OGSA-BEM
will fit into the overall OGSA EMS architecture." I don't know what that
means, and in any case, we need to see what people come up with.

c) It is important to say something in the BOF description as to what we
expect the scope of "basic execution management service" to be. E.g.,
"focused on defining Web services interfaces for job submission,
monitoring, and management."

Ian.

At 05:31 PM 3/7/2005 -0500, Andrew Grimshaw wrote:

>The objective of the BOF is to form the OGSA Basic Execution Management
>Service Working Group (OGSA-BEM). The output of the OGSA-BEM will fit into
>the overall OGSA EMS architecture, as initially described in the OGSA V1
>Document. It is expected that the OGSA EMS architecture will evolve over
>time and that evolution will eventually need to be incorporated. Such
>incorporation may not take place in this working group depending on
>whether OGSA-BEM completes before changes are made in the overall OGSA-EMS.
>

>Proposed Agenda
>

>Presentation of GGF IP Rules
>
>Pass around sign-up sheet
>

>Background on OGSA EMS
>

>Basic Execution Management A Focus on Minimal Services
>
>             Draft Service Containers description
>

>Charter discussion
>
>             Should charter be extended to include Actors?
>
>             Should the charter be extended to include any form of agreements?
>
>             Milestones
>

>Scheduling of calls

Ian Foster                    www.mcs.anl.gov/~foster
Math & Computer Science Div.  Dept of Computer Science
Argonne National Laboratory   The University of Chicago
Argonne, IL 60439, U.S.A.     Chicago, IL 60637, U.S.A.
Tel: 630 252 4619             Fax: 630 252 1997
         Globus Alliance, www.globus.org