[ogsa-wg] ByteIO WG Status

Mark Morgan mmm2a at virginia.edu
Wed Jun 22 11:35:27 CDT 2005

Hiro asked me to send out a short, 5 line status report for ByteIO.

We are currently in the process of finishing the first draft, skeleton
versions of both the recommendation document for ByteIO and for the Use Case
Document.  Our hope was to have these out before GGF but that isn't likely
to quite happen.  Instead, the documents will probably come out within a few
weeks of GGF.  In the mean time, discussions on the telecoms have lead us to
adopt a dual interface model for byteio -- one supporting random block
oriented access, and another for more stream like resources (i.e., with
session state).  These interfaces have in part been implemented in
prototypes as proofs of concept.  GGF will probably entail looking at these
along with the use cases.

-Mark

--
Mark Morgan